Applications for the Manhattan Police-Community Relations Improvement Initiative are now closed.
The Manhattan Police-Community Relations Improvement Initiative comes as follow-up to the release of the September 2014 report, Improving Police-Community Relations. This initiative will provide four community-based organizations an award of $12,000 each to do programming that helps cultivate meaningful engagement between police officers and youth in communities across Manhattan and promotes mutual understanding and trust. These programs may focus on education, joint activities with the police, and community-wide events.
This initiative is for programming taking place in the current fiscal year (July 1st 2015 to June 30th 2016). Recipients of the award will be contracted directly with the Manhattan Borough President’s Office. The application deadline is January 8th, 2016.
Application Review Criteria
- Program Excellence (60%)
- Program Design
- Measurable Impact
- Level of Involvement of Youth, Police Officers, and Relevant Stakeholders
- Organizational Excellence (20%)
- Financial Stability
- Expertise / Relevant Past Experience
- Community Engagement (20%)
- Inclusiveness of Various Community Members
- Board Members and/or Staff Members of the Organization should reflect the communities served demographically or culturally
How to Apply
Please note that all applications must be completed online. Please click here to register and access the application by the deadline. To apply:
- Step 1: Create an account
- Select one login email address/password to be used for all of the organization’s submissions
- Provide the email address of the person who will be responsible for the grant administration. Important communication regarding your grant application will be via this email address.
- Step 2: Create a profile for your account
- Carefully fill out all the required entries. The profile you create for your organization will be used to identify your organization in our system.
- Note: for organization address, please use your organization’s mailing address.
- Step 3: Complete the online grant application
- You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your application.